On Thursday Richard Childress Racing announced that 24-year old Brian Scott will be the driver of the No. 2 Chevrolet in the Nationwide Series for 2013. The ride was the one vacated by Elliott Sadler, who finished runner-up the past two seasons in the standings. He left for a ride at Joe Gibbs Racing after Childress decided not to bring him back.
Shore Lodge will be the primary sponsor on the Camaro for Scott.
"I am thrilled to have this opportunity to drive the No. 2 Shore Lodge Chevrolet for Richard Childress Racing in the Nationwide Series," said Scott. "RCR has proven over the past 13 years that it can build and prepare winning cars in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and has for a variety of drivers. I just want to be the next name on that list. RCR has a rich tradition of winning races and championships at the highest level of our sport and I am excited about being a part of an organization, like theirs, that is committed to winning. Our goals for 2013 are going to be set at a high level and we are going to do everything within our power to achieve those goals."
Phil Gould, who was the car chief on Sadler's No. 2 team in 2012 and has been a car chief at the Sprint Cup Series level as well has been named as Scott's crew chief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Brian Vickers and Joe Gibbs Racing Partner for Full 2013 Nationwide Series Schedule
- Is It Time for Richard Childress Racing to Change Manufacturers?
- Is Richard Childress Racing Still a Powerhouse Organization?
- Austin Dillon to Run 2013 Daytona 500 for Richard Childress Racing
- Kevin Harvick to Leave Richard Childress Racing at the End of 2013, Heading to Stewart Haas Racing
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/nl6