On Thursday NASCAR announced that the 55th running of the Daytona 500 will have a start time on 1 p.m. on February 24th. It is the fourth straight season that "The Great American Race" at Daytona International Speedway will start at 1 p.m. on FOX.
Before Speedweeks 2013 culminates with the Daytona 500 there are a lot of other on track events that will lead into the official start of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season. Start times for those events were also announced.
- The 51st anniversary Rolex 24 At Daytona GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series race will be held January 26-27, 3:30 p.m. (SPEED)
- The Lucas Oil 200 ARCA Racing Series will be held Saturday, February 16, 4:30 p.m. (SPEED)
- The Daytona Shootout non-points event for the Sprint Cup Series will be held Saturday, February 16, 8 p.m. (FOX)
- Daytona 500 Qualifying Presented By Kroger will be held Sunday, February 17, 1 p.m. (FOX)
- Budweiser Duel At Daytona for the Sprint Cup Series will be held Thursday, February 21, 2 p.m. (SPEED)
- NextEra Energy Resources 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race will be held Friday, February 22, 7:30 p.m. (SPEED)
- DRIVE4COPD 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race will be held Saturday, February 23, 1 p.m. most likely on ESPN
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Daytona Preseason Thunder Dates Announced Along with Two More Test Sessions at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Motorsports 101 News & Notes: Juan Montoya and Jamie McMurray to Race in Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Pressure is on Steve Addington to Start the 2013 Season
- Austin Dillon to Run 2013 Daytona 500 for Richard Childress Racing
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/o31