Mike Bumgarner has been named crew chief of JR Motorsports' #5 Chevrolet Camero for the 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series season the team announced Thursday. The team is currently expected to run no less than 27 races with funding coming from Great Clips for those 27. Kasey Kahne and Brad Sweet will split the #5 car this season.
Bumgarner has worked at Hendrick Motorsports for 18 years and has worked for such drivers as Terry Labonte, Jeff Gordon and Kyle Busch. In 2007 Bumgarner was the crew chief of Busch's #5 Chevrolet in the Nationwide Series. The duo won four races together in 2007 and sat on three poles.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Scott Zipadelli Named Crew Chief for Justin Allgaier at Turner Scott Motorsports
- Eric Phillips Named Crew Chief for Parker Kligerman at Kyle Busch Motorsports
- Mike Beam Hired as Crew Chief at Red Horse Racing, Parker Kligerman Announced at Kyle Busch Motorsports
- Harold Holly Named Crew Chief at Kyle Busch Motorsports, Busch to Run Partial Truck Schedule
- Brian Burns Named Crew Chief at JTG/Daugherty Racing for Bobby Labonte
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/opj