After a wild day of Preseason Thunder testing on Friday for the Sprint Cup Series at Daytona International Speedway the final day of testing on Saturday was much more subdued. Only single car runs were made in both the morning and afternoon sessions as teams decided against any drafting practice.
Matt Kenseth continued to be fast in the Daytona test by running the fastest lap of 194.062 mph in the morning session. Trevor Bayne, Danica Patrick, Paul Menard, and Tony Stewart were the next fastest. Twenty-one cars took to the track in the session after many of the 35 teams had already left the track after Friday's drafting crash which 12 cars were involved in. Bobby Labonte in his No. 47 JTG Racing Toyota ran 30 laps, which was the most of any driver in the session. All speeds can be seen here.
In the afternoon session, the final one of testing, Greg Biffle turned the fastest single car run of all of Preseason Thunder with a lap of 194.936 mph. Matt Kenseth, Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr, and Juan Montoya rounded out the top five. Only 15 cars took to the track in the final session. Earnhardt Jr's 57 laps were the most of any driver in the session. Speeds can be seen here.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Dale Earnhardt Jr Triggers Big Crash During Friday’s Preseason Thunder Testing
- Motorsports 101 Debate: What is the Most Interesting Thing to Look for During Preseason Thunder Testing at Daytona?
- Preseason Thunder Kicked Off on Thursday with Joe Gibbs Racing Pacing the Two Practice Sessions
- Preseason Thunder at Daytona to Air Live on SPEED Channel
- Daytona Preseason Thunder Dates Announced Along with Two More Test Sessions at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/oro