Steve Wallace, son of Rusty Wallace, will make a return to the NASCAR Nationwide Series with Rusty's team in 2013. Rusty Wallace Racing (RWR) will run a limited schedule and will make its 2013 debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway in May with Steve Wallace driving the No. 66 car.
Richard Tocado Companies, a mortgage and real estate company based in North Carolina, will serve as the primary sponsor for the Charlotte race. More sponsorship and the rest of the races that RWR will run in 2013 will be announced at a later date, but Rusty Wallace said he expects the No. 66 car to compete in around 10 to 15 races with Steve driving.
“I think we all learned a lot over the last year or two,” Rusty Wallace said, “and we’re looking forward to having the opportunity to show it.”
RWR shut down its Nationwide Series operation before the 2012 season due to a lack of funding. Wallace fielded cars in the Nationwide Series from 1985 to 1992 and then again from 2004 until 2011. The last win of four for RWR came in 2004 at Darlington with Jamie McMurray behind the wheel of the No. 66.
In 2011 RWR ran two full time efforts with Michael Annett finishing ninth in the points with seven top 10's. Steve ran the other full-time car and finished 10th in points with two top-5 finishes and five top-10's.
Steve Wallace made one start in 2012 in Johnny Davis's No. 4 car at Richmond and finished in 11thplace . The 25-year old has 192 career Nationwide Series starts with six top 5's and 34 top 10's. His best points finish was seventh in 2009 with RWR.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Kenny Wallace to Race Limited Schedule with RAB in 2013 Nationwide Series
- Brian Vickers and Joe Gibbs Racing Partner for Full 2013 Nationwide Series Schedule
- The Addition of Mid-Ohio Highlights the 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series Schedule
- Gase to Run Full Nationwide Schedule, Lofton to Scale Back Truck Schedule
- Brian Scott Selected to Drive the No. 2 Car for Richard Childress Racing in the Nationwide Series
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/peb