NTS Motorsports announced on Thursday that Eddie Pardue will be the crew chief for Sunoco Rookie of the Year candidate Brennan Newberry in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Newberry will drive the No. 14 Chevrolet and the team plans to run the entire schedule.
Pardue has been a crew chief in NASCAR dating back to 1998. He has three career NASCAR Nationwide Series victories to his credit that came from his days with Matt Kenseth and Greg Biffle. He brings a wealth of experience in the sport to the first year NTS Motorsports which is a team that came about this offseason after Joe Denette Motorsports and NTS combined forces.
Newberry ran 10 races in the CWTS in 2012 in the No. 14 truck under the NTS banner. His best finish was 19th at Michigan. He did crash out of five races. He also ran two ARCA Racing Series races in 2012 for NTS. He finished both of those races in the top five at Michigan and Kansas.
No primary sponsor has been announced yet for Newberry and the No. 14 truck. Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff will sponsor Newberry's NTS Motorsports teammate Ron Hornaday Jr for 12 races and will serve as an associate sponsor for Newberry in select races.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Mike Bumgarner Named Crew Chief at JR Motorsports
- Eric Phillips Named Crew Chief for Parker Kligerman at Kyle Busch Motorsports
- Harold Holly Named Crew Chief at Kyle Busch Motorsports, Busch to Run Partial Truck Schedule
- Scott Zipadelli Named Crew Chief for Justin Allgaier at Turner Scott Motorsports
- Brian Burns Named Crew Chief at JTG/Daugherty Racing for Bobby Labonte
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pgp