NASCAR has opened up testing for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2013, allowing organizations to test at four tracks that are currently on the Sprint Cup schedule during the season. With the new rule some teams are trying to find the best way to go about the new testing opportunities.
“With the new car coming this season, they’d been talking about putting a test team together," Hyder said. "I’m not sure what all it will entail yet, but Zippy (Stewart-Haas Racing director of competition Greg Zipadelli) told me to plan on going to Daytona.”
Stewart-Haas Racing is the first Sprint Cup team to announce that they will have a test team. With the introduction of the Generation 6 cars to the fold in 2013 SHR has made a giant step in trying to get a leg up on the competition.
Hyder has previous Sprint Cup Series experience with Wood Brothers Racing and Michael Waltrip Racing. He has also worked for Kevin Harvick Inc. which could mean the two will team up for the 2014 season.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Kevin Harvick to Leave Richard Childress Racing at the End of 2013, Heading to Stewart Haas Racing
- New Team in NASCAR, David Stremme Named Driver
- Tony Stewart to Run for His Own Team in the Chili Bowl Nationals
- David Reutimann Replaces Landon Cassill at BK Racing
- Stewart-Hass Racing Has Five Sponsors Lined up to Support Ryan Newman in 2013
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pjf