It's the seventh and final day of the week long announcements for Tommy Baldwin Racing, and Tommy Baldwin Racing announced that Tommy Baldwin, Jr. will crew chief the #7 Chevrolet driven by driver Dave Blaney for the 2013 season.
Baldwin has been a crew chief in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series since the 1997 season when Baldwin was a crew chief for the Junie Donlavey Racing #90 Ford. Since then Baldwin has 465 career races as a Sprint Cup crew chief under his belt with five wins.
One of those five wins came in 2002 when Baldwin was on top of the pit box when Ward Burton won the 2002 Daytona 500. Baldwin's last win as a crew chief came in 2005 with driver Kasey Kahne at Richmond.
Baldwin started Tommy Baldwin Racing in the 2009 season as has expanded his program to a two car operation over the last four seasons. Baldwin will now try and guide driver Dave Blaney to the team's best season in 2013. Blaney will start his fourth season with Tommy Baldwin Racing. Blaney has 431 career starts in his Sprint Cup career and has a best finish of third which he has done three times.
Blaney and Baldwin's first race together will be the Daytona 500 on February 24th.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Tommy Baldwin Racing Announces Sponsorship for Dave Blaney’s #7 Chevrolet SS
- Florida Lottery to Sponsor Dave Blaney for Three Races
- United Mining Equipment Joins Tommy Baldwin Racing for 2013 Season
- Golden Corral Returns to Tommy Baldwin Racing for 2013
- Scott Lagasse and Corey LaJoie Will Race for Tommy Baldwin Racing in the Nationwide Series
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pl6