With the purchase of MacDonald Motorsports, the team will receive cars, equipment and owner points from the #81 team, who ran Toyotas last year with driver Jason Bowles. Bowles finished 13th in the final driver points standings last season. The #81 team finished 22nd in the series owner points standings last season. The Nationwide Series will still qualify by the top 30 in owner points and have trimmed their field to 40 starters in 2013.
The team will have two cars locked into the field and will announce, drivers, crew chiefs and sponsors at a later date. The team will continue to run Toyotas and lease their engines from Pro Motors.
Last season the team used 15 different drivers for two cars. The team had three top 15's and five top 20 finishes in 2012.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Joe Denette Motorsports Expands, Brendan Gaughan to Run Full-Time in Camping World Truck Series for RCR
- Motorsports 101 News & Notes: Turner Scott Motorsports Signs Dylan Kwasniewski; Matt Kenseth to Drive in NNS Races
- JD Motorsports Committed to Running Two Full-Time Entries in the Nationwide Series in 2013
- Kasey Kahne and Brad Sweet to Switch from Turner Motorsports to JR Motorsports for 2013
- Key Motorsports Changes Name, Adds Own Engine Program
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pmj