According to Lee Spencer of Motorsport.com, Turner Scott Motorsports has suspended their truck operations effective immediately. Crew chief Mike Shelton informed the team of the news.
Turner Scott Motorsports has run three trucks for most of the 2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season. They have two full-time drivers in Ben Kennedy and Ron Hornaday Jr. Hornaday is currently fourth in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series point standings just 27 points off of points leader Johnny Sauter. Kennedy sits ninth in the series standings 75 points off the lead. The team has also run a third truck with drivers Tayler Malsam, Kyle Larson, Ryan Truex and Ben Rhodes in the seat. Cameron Hayley was scheduled to make his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut for the team this weekend at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
No word on the futures of Hornaday or Kennedy. Kennedy is currently leading the rookie of the year point standings in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. The team currently fields a two car operation in the NASCAR Nationwide Series with Kyle Larson and Dylan Kwasniewski driving. The team won the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series championship with driver James Buescher.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Tayler Malsam Will Drive 12 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Races for Turner Scott Motorsports
- Turner Scott Motorsports Announces Driver Chances in NASCAR Nationwide Series
- Justin Marks to Drive for Turner Scott Motorsports at Road America and Mid-Ohio
- NASCAR Penalizes Three Truck Series Teams Following Infractions at Bristol
- Three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Teams Hit with Post-Race Penalty
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ezk